My Family

My Family

Friday, March 28, 2014

Passion 2014

For the 2nd year, Jason and I took several high school seniors and college students to Atlanta for Passion 2014.  This year over 20,000 college students and high school seniors came together in the Philips Arena for 1 1/2 days of Awesome worship and Dynamic speakers.

We left on Friday and the Tuesday before I had eye surgery on my right eye to "scrape nodules" off my eye.  Yeah, that's not the medical term.  I was in some pain for a couple of days and wasn't sure how I was going to make the trip because I hadn't even been able to be outside without constant tearing and burning.  I felt like a new person Friday morning.  It was definitely a God thing!!

All 8 of us in a Suburban for a drive to Atlanta.

Jason went to college in south Georgia and drives the back roads to Atlanta.  The kids had to stop here to get a picture in this small south Georgia town - not sure the name.

While in Atlanta we had some time to grab dinner before the conference started Friday night and they wanted to try out The Varsity.  Jason and I had never been here but everyone always talks about it.  Well, we weren't that impressed.  The food was ok, but nothing to go out of my way to go back.

Even tried the Frosted Orange - but Tanner, who LOVES this place, even said it wasn't the best.

All ready to worship for the day.  Worship was led by Chris Tomlin, Kristian Stanfill, Crowder, and Christy Nockels and special guest Hillsong United (even though I started getting a little sick Friday night with Hillsong United).  Yeah, pretty good worship, right?

The speakers consisted of Francis Chan, John Piper, Louie Giglio, and Cristine Caine.  Talk about a full 15-17 hours.

Friday night I started to not feel so great while in the Arena, and really wanted to go back to the hotel, but Jason knew it wasn't the safest thing for me to go by myself.  I didn't want him to miss anything so I stuck it out - at least I got to hear Hillsong United.  That night I felt awful and knew I was running a fever.  I prayed and prayed that I would feel better in the morning so I didn't miss out on the conference.  I'm not sure why I was shocked but I woke up Saturday morning and felt great.  But funny thing is that I started feeling bad again come Sunday morning for the drive home.  This would be the start of a very long sick couple of weeks in our house.  However, I was thankful for 1 day of relief so I could enjoy the conference.

Walking through Centennial Park in downtown Atlanta.

These were such a great group of students.  Jason and I enjoyed spending a few days with them and made some great memories with late night chats with all 6 of them piled in our hotel room.  My prayer is that they were able to get something out of Passion that would change their life!!  They are already looking forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment