My Family

My Family

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A superbowl party

We were so excited for the SuperBowl this year because we were going to use it as an outreach for our 12th grade Sunday School class. This was a great way to invite people to "A Superbowl Party" and be able to have Jesus shared with them in a nonthreatening way. We had been praying about this for a couple of weeks that God would really use it as an opportunity to reach some of our youth. What was so exciting is that for half time instead of watching The Who, we had a DVD that the Florida Baptist Convention put together with a few NFL players giving their testimony and presenting the gospel.
We had about 30 people at they party and 6 of them were visitors (3 don't go to church anywhere). We felt it was a great success and everyone had a great time.

Here's my food contribution to our party - you know me I love to bake some sweets.

I can't take 100% credit for the decorations on top of these brownies - Jason did them. Do you really think I could get the football formations correct?

No comments:

Post a Comment