My Family

My Family

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Enter a new "Cake Boss"

Last Friday, Tracy Cruce, Jessica Sikes and I started the first course of the Cake Class at Michael's. I have been wanting to take this class for several months but the timing was never right. I was so excited to get started - not sure if it was just to have a girls night or actually to learn to decorate cakes.

I absolutely LOVE to watch Cake Boss on TLC and Jason probably won't really admit to it but he enjoys it as well. The shop is located in Brooklyn, NY and it's an Italian family business. It is so funny and he does some amazing work. I can't wait for the next time I go to NY so I can go and visit his bakery.

OK, back to our class. We met for dinner beforehand which was great to be able to sit and chat with NO kids. Baylie and John were at my house - so of course you know the playroom looked like a tornado went through by the time Tracy and I got home - but the kids had a blast. After 2 hours of class we did some shopping - we have to at least have all the correct tools to "help" us try and do a good job. I was so excited to get started on decorating cakes - hopefully I won't have to buy birthday cakes for the boys anymore and who knows maybe they'll look good enough other people may be interested. Let's hope this will be the last store bought cake in our house - which wasn't even that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment