My Family

My Family

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's official

After a record short doctor's appointment with Dr. Egan, she told us that Brody had an infection in both ears and an infection in his eyes ( the lovely white gook coming out of his eyes). We are now on our first time ever taking antibiotics - which I can't believe we went 2 years without.

He is such a trooper. If you remember back to the post about his 2 year old checkup - it was NOT a good visit. I just knew this visit would be worse seeing that he wasn't feeling so great. Jason brought him to the doctor and I met them there from work (Jason has been great through all of this). He stayed for the visit because he didn't think I needed to deal with him by myself being pregnant - so sweet. Brody cried a little when he had to take his shirt off but let them take his temperature - 99.5 and he even got on the scale like a big boy. Dr. Egan asked if Elmo or Thomas was in his ear so she had to look and see if they were. Brody was so smart and pointed to his Thomas shirt to show her that Thomas was right there. He was GREAT!!

She said we should see improvement within the next 48 hours. I can't wait to have my baby boy back to normal. He is also getting very stir crazy being inside with the rain and cold. It's time to play on the playground. I actually made a slide in the house today just to help him burn off the energy when he has it.

1 comment: