My Family

My Family

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

This year our Valentine's Day started out with a nice handmade card from Brody earlier this week - with the help from his babysitter, Jessica. He was so proud of his card.



My little Valentine.


It was nice this morning to not have to worry about getting up and going anywhere so we decided to make omeletes for the first time. Brody didn't wake up until 9:30 - he is such a good sleeper. I sure hope this next one will love their sleep just as much. We are definitely spoiled. Brody even helped put the cheese inside the omelette. Yes, a little dropped on the floor but Allye was so excited to devour that cheese. Being the first time for omeletes we realized afterwards that we used too many eggs for each one - 4. We were rookies!! All in all, they turned out pretty good. As with most of food I cook lately, I never really want to eat it once it finished - the joy of pregnancy. Here's a picture of our lovely creation - OK I know it's not that pretty.


Brody's VDay present - Elmo book, animals, PEZ, and chocolate. For some reason he was giving his chocolate to his daddy - he should know that his mommy is the one who eats it - but maybe he wants to make sure there will be some left for him to eat.


Instead of going out, which Jason and I seldom do on the actual Valentine's night - too crowded, we cook our own meal. This year it was steak, baked potatoes, and steamed vegetables. My favorite for dessert - chocolate cheesecake. This was a new recipe and Brody had to help yesterday by eating the contents off the spoon - so my child. UMMMMM good chocolate.


Helping daddy grill the steaks.

Brody also got involved with coloring Jason's present for him. What a work of art.



Jason and I were remembering back to our very first Valentine's Day together 15 years ago - wow it's so hard to believe it has been that long. We were both in college at the time and had only been dating for about a month and we only saw each other on the weekends. He picked me up at JU and had a rose and a card waiting for me - he was so thoughtful. I on the other hand was not the thoughtful type and I'm not much of a card person so no card or anything for Jason. I did feel pretty bad - thank goodness he didn't give up on me back then. He brings it up occasionally now how I didn't do anything for our first VDay together. He still didn't get a card this year but of course I did. He took me to the Tree Steak House that was in Arlington. If you've ever been to the Tree you know that they come out and go over all the choices of steak but when they we were done - I ordered chicken. I'm not much of a steak eater. We laugh at it now but look at it this way - it's usually cheaper.

So, 15 years later we have a nice quiet (ha ha) steak dinner as well but not out in a fancy restaurant and add on a 2 year old. It's been an amazing 15 years together - coming up on 8 of those being married. I am so excited to what God has in store for us for the upcoming years.

1 comment:

  1. At least you cooked a nice meal. We just went to Bryan's parents (because Brett is home) and had Quick Chik.

    ReplyDelete