My Family

My Family

Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter part 2

Easter Sunday morning we woke up to Brody not feeling so good. Not really a fever but just not himself. Jason and I had to be in Sunday School that morning because our copartners were out of town. We decided to take Brody into our class - I'm sure the 12th graders loved that. We didn't think he needed to be in the nursery that morning and possiby get other 2 year olds sick.














Isn't this the saddest face ever?


































He sure doesn't look sick here - he handles it pretty well!

Since Brody didn't get any better, we decided it was best to go on home after Sunday School. Let me just say that I felt so unspiritual that day. This was the 1st Easter that Jason and I can really remember that we weren't in church. It just wasn't right. Anyway, Brody opened up what the Easter Bunny brought him. He didn't even really eat the candy - that's how sick he was. He loved the microphone - since American Idol is his favorite show and he loves to come out and sing for us. We also played with his new bubble machine - this things can go through some bubbles.





















This is him singing "If you're happy and you know - then your face will really show it"
For some reason he loves to close his eyes when he sings.


He looks like he is ready to play some tennis.


My mom had cooked lunch for us and she called and said it would be about 20 more minutes. I thought Brody was actually going to make it for lunch but that quickly changed - within the next 10 minutes he crawled up beside Jason on the couch and fell asleep. It was so cute but I felt bad for my mom and dad who had prepared this great Easter lunch and we couldn't enjoy it with them. I did however go and get to go plates so we at least had some lunch.


He didn't quite make Easter lunch - what a sweet boy!


Showing off his big boy skills.

That evening since we didn't have church - mom and dad came over to enjoy the Wii that Jason gave me for my birthday. Mom and dad showed off their skiing skills - dad was actually pretty good. I wish I had pictures to show - I'm sure they would love it.


Anyway, overall we had a great Easter and are very thankful for the real reason we celebrate Easter - Jesus is Alive!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment