My Family

My Family

Thursday, April 9, 2009

8 years and many more to come!!!


Yes, this post is a couple of weeks late, but better late then never.

I can't believe it has been 8 years since Jason and I got married. We actually dated for over 6 years and everyone ALWAYS asked when we were going to get married but we did have a plan. We both wanted to finish college and get our career started, which thankfully happened.


I remember during high school thinking that I would never find that "perfect" Christian guy that God had for me. Even in my first semester of college I dated some but it was never "right". At the beginning of my 2nd semester at JU, while Jason was home from Brewton College in Mt Vernon, GA for the weekend we had mutual friends that set us up and all 4 of us went out - our 1st date - bowling and Shoney's. Because we were both away at school we only saw each other on the weekends which is probably why we were able to date for so long.


In August 2000 he asked me to marry him while walking on the beach (yes, I know very romantic :) - just how I wanted it). I was so excited and surprised. I couldn't believe that I was actually going to get married to the PERFECT Christian guy God had for me.


The wedding was just as I had imagined and I was so happy all day - the smile never left my face. All of our family and friends were there - the church was packed. It really does seem like just yesterday.

Here we are 8 years later with Brody and another child on the way. God has truly blessed us and I look forward to what He has in store for us in the future.




2 comments: