My Family

My Family

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Date Night

Last weekend (I know I'm a little late), Jason and I had a date night. I would really like to try and do this once a month but something seems to always come up - we stay so busy. Anyway, my mom and dad agreed to keep Brody for us (and he stayed overnight). Jason and I met each other at Towne Center for a little shopping and to eat. When I got up that morning as always my clothes were already ironed and ready for me but when I put my shirt on I felt HUGE and FAT. The shirt wasn't very flattering and it wasn't even a maternity shirt but I sure looked FAT!!! However, I have a very small window of time in the morning to get ready and have to be very quiet to not wake up Brody so I had to wear the shirt anyway. All day I did not feel good about myself - hopefully some of you may understand where I am coming from. So as we were shopping, I kept explaining - probably complaining to Jason about it. I HAD to buy another shirt or I wouldn't feel good all night. Off we went to find something - here's my pick. I sure wished I had a picture of the before (or maybe I'm glad I don't).



We both did some more shopping - shoes and clothes. Here's my great shoes since it seems that buying shoes is a little easier for me right now.



Being pregnant I usually am very picky on what I want to eat or DON'T want to eat. However that night, for once I wasn't very hungry - maybe it was the huge lunch I had at work that day - oh yeah maybe it was the big piece of chocolate cake I snacked on ALL afternoon (this baby's going to be hiper for sure). I chose the Cheesecake Factory - probably for the wonderful dessert. We only had to wait about 10 minutes for a table but we ended up being in the restaurant for 2 hours. Our food was VERY slow BUT we got 2 FREE pieces of cheesecake to take home. I would say it was well worth the wait.


We then headed off to River City to watch a movie - Taken. It was VERY good. I thought I would fall asleep in a 9:30 movie seeing that I had already had my caffeine for the day and I only allowed myself to drink water, but it kept me on the edge of my sleep. I highly recommend the movie.

It was a very nice evening just the 2 of us. This definitely needs to happen at least once a month. Now the grandparents may think differently seeing that they were up at 7AM with Brody.

1 comment:

  1. i know what you mean about feeling yucky b/c of your clothes, and i'm not even pregnant. it must be so much worse then. your new shirt is so cute though...and you look hot in it!!
    ps-i love the shoes too. :)

    ReplyDelete