My Family

My Family

Monday, September 29, 2008

Whew, what a night!

We have been so blessed to have a child that has slept through the night since he was 5 weeks old. Brody has always eaten a ton at night which I feel has helped him sleep longer at night. So when he decided to continue to cry at 1AM Friday morning I wasn't quite prepared. If he wakes up in the middle of the night he will go right back to sleep but not this time. From 1AM - 3:30 AM he would cry for 5-10 minutes and then be quiet for about 10 minutes - this wasn't a "I'm hurt cry". I think he finally went to sleep around 3:30 - or I didn't hear him anymore because I was in such a deep somber - but it all started back up around 6AM.

I finally got up to see what was wrong - yes it took me this long - I just kept thinking he would be okay. From 6-7:30 we rocked in his room and I tried to sleep but he just laid there - I can look at it now and think what a sweet time but that is not what I was thinking at the time. He didn't cry at all which I thought was strange. Needless to say he was tired that morning but WOULD NOT take a nap. Of course we had big plans for the day - park and Ollie Koalas so I wasn't sure how that was going to go.

I'm so very thankful he sleeps through the night. I don't see how parents deal with children who wake up all the time and can't put themselves back to sleep. I'm sure our next child will not be so good as Brody.

No comments:

Post a Comment