My Family

My Family

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A bathtub tale!

I'm sure all parents have experienced this at one time or another and we all sit back and laugh - so get ready. Last night we gave Brody his bath and while he was playing in the tub I stepped out to the dining room. I hear Uh Oh coming from the bathroom and of course I take off running. Brody is standing in the tub looking down at his latest creation which happened to be brown and DID NOT belong in the tub. At least he had enough since to not play with it. I called for Jason to get off the phone and come assist. We got Brody out of the tub and then the question as to what to do now? I put on rubber gloves and scooped it up and flushed it in the toilet. Mom to the rescue!!! Brody kept saying "poo poo in bath" and of course we tried to make him realize that is not where that goes!! Yes, I had to clean the tub AND all of the toys. What a fun time at 8:30 PM.

A few months ago Brody showed a little interest in the potty and I had read that around 18 months is a window of opportunity that they could get potty trained. I am now on potty seat #3 that sits on the toilet and I also have one for the floor. I have been banned from buying any more potty seats. If anyone needs to borrow one just let me know I have plenty to share. Anyways, Brody started off really good at going to the potty before bathtime so one day I got brave and said "I can potty train him today". He wore big boy pants - which are the thick training pants - and I took him every 30 minutes. He would usually go - only a little though and so of course he would have a few accidents. That was a VERY exhausting day. I thought the training pants would allow for no leaks on the floor - this was NOT true. I then tried the plastic pants over the training pants and this definitely helped. However, Brody no longer wants to even attempt to sit on the potty. All he says is NOOOOOOO!!! I know it's early but I know he can do this!!! Boy, the thought of no more diapers..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment