My Family

My Family

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A day at the park!

Today was my normal day off so Brody and I decided to head to the park in San Marco with Clair and her two girls - Emma and Madeline. Of course Brody decided to get a fever Tuesday night so I wasn't sure how he would feel this morning when he woke up. He seemed okay and I thought being outside would be good for him. I'm not a moper when I get sick and I feel that you need to move around to some extent and it will help you feel better. I guess I got this from my mom.

I feel like a bad mom because this is only about the 4th time he's been to a park. I guess being from a small town we don't have a lot of options. The park was wonderful and had a section for bigger kids as well as smaller ones - of course our kids wanted to play on the big kid section and the BIG slide. As always boys will be boys so Brody thought he could climb on the big section and instead of holding on to take a big step to another level he stepped and took a fall. Of course he busted his lip - what a sight. He's so tough though because only a little bit of crying.

He did so well at the park seeing that he wasn't feeling great. He crashed once we got in the car and slept for a couple of hours. He didn't feel so great when he woke up and ran a fever around 100 for the rest of the day.

Brody has always done so good at taking medicine but this time he DID NOT want it all. You would think we were really hurting him the way he would scream. We had him outside tonight to try and distract him so he would take it but he started screaming so loud that we had to bring him in because we thought the neighbors might think something was up. Since Brody loves food so much Jason came up with the idea of putting a piece of a cookie on a spoon with the Tylenol - WHAT A BIG HIT!!! He went to sleep at 8pm. Hopefully tomorrow will go smoother.



Brody always has to have a ball in hand.

Emma and Madeline aren't so sure what's up with Brody.

After watching Madeline and Emma go down the slide Brody became a pro.


Look at this lip!!! What a sad look :(

No comments:

Post a Comment