My Family

My Family

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Brody's favorite Christmas present

Here's a picture of Brody's favorite Christmas present - the shirt!!!


Yes, you are reading the shirt correctly. Brody will be a BIG BROTHER this August - around Aug 18. How many of you just said - it's about time?? I am about 10 1/2 weeks right now and we are very excited.


We found out early December but waited until Christmas day to tell our parents and of course they were surprised. We wrapped up Brody's shirt and took it to my mom's house first. Once we had opened most of the presents, this small "popped" up and we had Brody go sit with NiNi to have her help him open it. Our excuse for him opening the present there was that we ran out of time for him to open it at our house. Here's NiNi's expression.



We pretty much did the same thing at Nana's house and here is her expression.



So far, I haven't been sick which I wasn't with Brody either. I eat lots of small meals and am VERY tired. All I want to do is rest. I sure can't wait for the 2nd trimester to come when my energy comes back. We have had 2 doctor appointments with sonograms so far and everything looks great and the heartbeat is strong. We go again in a few weeks for another sonogram - my doctor loves doing sonograms. Hopefully, this time around she'll actually get to deliver this baby. She's a sole practitioner and was out of town on my due date so her backup took care of me. We haven't 100% decided if we are going to find out ahead of time the sex of this baby or not - it was so much fun not finding out with Brody so I'm leaning towards the same with this one. However, it sure would be easier to plan....


Brody doesn't quite understand what is going on right now but I'm sure things will change in a few months when mommy starts getting BIGGER!!! Here's a picture of our new little peanut about an inch long.

I'm sure there will be lots of updates on the new addition to our family, so keep checking back.

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! congrats!!!
    I heard the congratulations yesterday at church after I handed off the pictures. I figured i must not have heard this news..
    So happy for you. Their spacing will be the same as the difference between my girls. I love it! Glad everything is going smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I'm so happy for ya'll! Those pictures of your moms are aboslutely priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!!!! Dawn and I were just talking that we were expecting any day an annoucement of your next kiddo!! Congrats. Lets try to do lunch before you move to Deerwood for work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Jenny! I know you all are excited. :)

    ReplyDelete