My Family

My Family

Friday, October 31, 2008

The ever so great Callahan fair

The last time Jason and I went to the Callahan fair was during our first year of dating about 13 years ago - boy we've been together for a long time. Now that we have Brody we figured it was time to go again. We went on the 21st after we got home from work - which was around 6:30 or so by the time we got there.

We first went to see the animals which we thought Brody would love but he didn't have much to do with them. I think it was because we walked through the fair to get to the animals and he saw lots more exciting things besides the animals and couldn't wait to see what was going on out there. Here's a couple pictures of him with the animals.




Once we got out to the rides he loved the Merry Go Round, which he was familiar with since he had ridden it with NeeNee and Papa (my parents) at the zoo. I don't do so well with rides that go round and round but I thought I could handle that ride - but after 3 times I was done!!!


TaTa and Na (Aunt Tara & Uncle Bryan) met us there to get their feet wet for what was in store for them next year with their little one - who is about 3 months old. Brody absolutely loves Na and wanted to be him at all times. I'm sure Bryan loves that!!





He's a little small for most of the kiddie rides and had to ride everything with either me or Jason. He loved the Berry go Round (a kiddie Tilt a Whirl) and the train. We tried the slide which was great the first time but when it turned dark he didn't like it so much. This was the story with trying any new rides once it turned dark- we think the lights made it too overwhelming. Overall he rode the 4 rides for a total of about 17 times. I would call his first fair a success. I'm thinking next year should be quite interesting.




You can't go to the fair without partaking in a funnel cake. It was SOOO good and of course Brody LOVED "cake".

No comments:

Post a Comment