My Family

My Family

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Our cruise!

Jason and I recently got back from our first cruise - it was a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise (or so we planned) on the Carnival Triumph. Yes, it was just Jason and I - Brody stayed with my parents. Some people think we're crazy to leave him for so long but we need vacations too and our families are always excited to keep him.

Here we are for one of the many picture opportunities they make you take!



I have always been nervous about taking a cruise because I do get a little motion sick so I sure didn't want to be sick on a boat for 7 days. We left on Sunday, Oct 12th out of Miami. Our first port was on Monday at Carnival's private island - Half Moon Cay. The water was absoultely beautiful - crystal clear and the sand was so powdery.
On Wednesday we were supposed to be in St. Thomas (which I was VERY excited about), however, God had other plans. We found out Tuesday morning that Hurricane Omar was headed towards San Juan, Puerto Rico and would be there Thursday - of course when we were supposed to be there. Well, St. Thomas is right next to San Juan so St. Thomas' port was closed. Our captain decided to head us towards the Western Caribbean - Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. I wasn't too excited about going to these places but at least we got in the same number of ports.


Our excursions consisted of hiking up Dunns River Falls and going down a bobsled (1 man roller coaster) in Jamaica. Hiking up the falls was one of the best things we have ever done.
We just shopped in Grand Cayman - which seemed like a nice island. In Cozumel we swam with the dolphins. This involved the dolphin pulling us in the water and then pushing us with her nose through the water. I have always wanted to do this and it was definitely a great experience!! Dolphins are such unique animals and it is a wierd feeling being in the water with them.
Here's Jason getting back on our boat (the one on the right) with all of our great deals from Mexico. These boats were huge!!


All in all our first cruise was wonderful - good food, hilarious karaoke and very relaxing!! Here are a few more pictures from our trip.
Don't you just love these towel animals they make for you in your room every night.



Look how windy it was one night - doesn't my hair look great :)
Here's my view for 2 of the days as I sat in the Caribbean sun.
With our golden Caribbean suntans....









No comments:

Post a Comment