My Family

My Family

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Off with the boys!!

Last Saturday, my mom and I ventured off with both boys. I had to go to work for a little while so I asked mom to go with me to help with the boys. While I worked, mom and Brody walked around outside my work. My office is located off San Pablo, so it's pretty well shaded and Brody had a blast just being outside.

Once I finished there, we headed to Stein Mart - not sure what I was thinking taking both boys - but I was getting stir crazy being in the house for so long. This was the first time for Brody going shopping and not in a stroller (my new double stroller hadn't come in yet). Brody was doing pretty good and he loves the shoe department. He loves to go around trying on different shoes and he usually is pretty good about putting them back - yes they are usually girl shoes - Jason loves that :). Anyway, I saw Brody walking away but figured he was going to another shoe aisle - needless to say he wasn't (oh yeah he didn't have any shoes on either). I guess he took off - he realized what freedom felt like. Mom and I didn't panic too much - I was really too mad to do that. I headed to the front once mom saw him towards the middle of the store (but thankfully she left the discipline up to me). I saw his little legs hiding under one of the boutique racks at the front of the store. At that moment, all the past instances of moms yelling at their kids in stores flashed before me and I didn't want to be that mom. Instead I yanked him up so fast and headed out the front door. I still tried not to yell too much in order to not cause too much of a scene but I thought he got the point.

We went back inside to see how he would do, but he started hiding in the clothes right next to us so he and I went outside to the car while mom shopped. He screamed the whole way out "I not want to go to the car". Such a fun day - I can't wait for my double stroller to come in. Hopefully things will be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment