My Family

My Family

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Christmas season has begun

Every year for who knows how long, my mom and I have headed out to brave the crowds on Black Friday - minus the one year I was in the Atlanta area.  This year the stores opened up MUCH earlier - some even at 10PM on Thanksgiving night.  This year my cousin Charleen came with us and we decided to leave at 5AM.  There really wasn't anything I needed to "fight" over at the stores so we decided more sleep was important.  It's just a great day of shopping with NO kids - my sweet husband takes the day off of work to stay home with the boys - love him!!

There was 1 item at Wal-Mart that I assumed would be gone but I thought I would give it a try - not that I was wanting to brave Wal-Mart on Black Friday.  To our surprise there was NO ONE in Wal-Mart - I hadn't seen the store that empty in awhile AND they still had the item I was looking for.  This was starting out to be a great day.  Off we went to Kohl's and once again NO ONE in the store, NO long lines - it was great.  I was kind of liking all the stores opening up so early because when we got there all the crowds were gone.

We continued on the mall for a few hours and it was finally off to eat lunch.  I ran into a couple of friends buying LOTS of clothes for needy kids for Syds Kids (an organization they started a few years ago named after their dad who passed away - he loved kids and Christmas and what better way to help remember him but by doing something like this).  This is the 2nd year I've run into them and it's such a hoot to see them in the back corner with clothes stacked about 4-5 feet tall.  They really do enjoy doing this and it will put smiles on a lot of kids faces this Christmas. 

Anyway, we ended up meeting them for lunch at Olive Garden.  We sat around and talked for about 2 hours - it was a great way to get reenergized. 

We continued shopping for quite some time and eventually made it home around 9:30PM.  Here was our vehicle at the end of the night.

Whew, I was tired but I got a lot accomplished and more importantly spent some great quality time with mom and Charleen.

No comments:

Post a Comment