My Family

My Family

Sunday, August 28, 2011

First Day of PreK

Monday, August 15 was Brody's first day of PreK.  He is still going to Sonshine so it's not too big of a change for him except that he is now going everyday but only 8-11.  We were trying to build up the big day and explain that he would be going everyday so he didn't get too disappointed when it came Wed and he still had to go to school.

Since I am at work by 6:45AM, Jason has the lovely responsibility of getting Brody ready every morning.  He does a great job and I am very thankful.  I try to make things as easy as possible for him.  This year, I decided to pick out his clothes for the entire week and put them in a basket in his closet.  I explained what it was for to Brody and he totally got it.  I don't think we have too many complaints on his clothes (one advantage with a boy) so this process is working pretty good.


Since Brody has been at Sonshine for a couple of years now, Jason was able to just drop him off in the drop off line and of course Brody never looked back.  He was pretty excited but I'm not sure he knew what the big deal was all about.

His teacher is Mrs. Cicero who runs a pretty tight ship, which I am VERY excited about.  My mom picked him up at 11:00 and I was pretty excited to hear how his day went but of course my son of so few words didn't offer much up, so all I got was "it was good".

He seems to be doing great with it - a little tired by the 3rd day so he takes a nap on my day off - he has to get caught up on his sleep somehow.  I'm pretty excited to see how his year goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment