My Family

My Family

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Almost 2 weeks old

WOW, what a past 2 weeks this has been. Thank goodness Jason stayed home from work the first week to help out. I wasn't ready for him to go back though. The hardest part of this past week was trying to keep Brody entertained. It has been so hot outside that I didn't want him playing outside - since I couldn't be out there the entire time with Trevor. I felt so sorry for Brody at times because he just wanted our attention and wanted us to color, play trucks, or play in his room with him. We have tried to drop everything and pay special attention to him, but I still feel sorry for him. He has been such a great big brother so far - he is a BIG helper - throws diapers away and brings me things when I can't get up to get them.



A sweet big brother


Trevor is doing great. We went to the doctor this past Monday and Dr. Connelly said he was back at his birth weight and everything looked great so it wasn't necessary to come back for his 2 week checkup - YEAH. It's amazing how different we as parents are with the 2nd child. If they had told me this with Brody I would have freaked out, but Trevor we are just excited because we don't have to spend extra money for another appt. Trevor is sleeping pretty good at night. I feed him around 11PM and for 3 nights straight he slept until about 4:30 and then ate again and back up around 8:30. I definitely can't complain. He is so sweet but seems to love to be held. We are working on that so hopefully he'll learn to fall asleep by himself this week.

All ready for his first doctor visit.


Things are quite different with the 2nd child. With Brody we could just turn on the lights in the middle of the night to change his diaper or let him cry himself to sleep. With Trevor we don't want him to be too loud so to not wake up Brody. As a result, we do everything in our bedroom. Trevor loves to sleep in the papasan, which was a wonderful gift for Brody as well. Trevor nor Brody were big fans of the cradle but we are working on that.


Trevor loves to sleep on your chest - sweet times with Papa.


I can't wait to see what God has in store for us this week - should be interesting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment